The UN Road Safety Fund Call for Proposals 2023 is open between 06 February 2023 and 03 April 2023 (23:59 CEST) and will disburse USD 4 million to approved projects aimed at reducing road traffic fatalities. The duration of submitted projects may be up to a maximum of three years.
The Call invites eligible participating organizations to submit projects responding to these priorities:
Projects with multiple participating organizations joining expertise and submitting a proposal.
Projects supporting regional (multi-country) approach to address common challenges.
Projects with explicit consideration complementary to the SDG(s).
Projects supporting pillar 3 on vehicle safety and/or pillar 5 on post-crash care.
The UNRSF has run four calls for proposals to-date and as a result, is currently supporting 36 projects, spanning 5 regions in 46 countries showcasing the impact of joint partnerships between the UN and an array of stakeholders.
The Fund’s goal, guided by the Global Framework Plan of Action for Road Safety (GFPA) is to leverage the collective knowledge and capability of the UN system and all Fund stakeholders to achieve global impact and long-term developmental change through a substantial reduction in road traffic injuries and fatalities, and the economic loss arising therefrom.
These system-focused actions are expected to help reduce the number of road fatalities and injuries through the joint efforts of countries supported by international organizations and institutions, as well as, non-governmental organizations and coordinated under the GFPA, the Global Plan of Action, and contribute towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Governments, international organizations, NGOs, research institutes and the private sector interested in partnering with participating organizations to prepare concept notes are invited to consult the Participating Organization's Engagement Strategies below:
- United Nations Environment Programme_2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa_2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- International Road Assessment Programme_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety_2023 Engagement Strategy
- AIP Foundation_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization _ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme_2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for West Asia_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- International Telecommunications Union_2023 Engagement Strategy
- Youth for Road Safety_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Capital Development Fund_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Development Programme_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Children's Fund_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- WRI_2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
- World Health Organization_2023 Engagement Strategy
- International Labour Organization_ 2023 Engagement Strategy
Follow us on social media to stay informed about our work.